My life in words!

Life is so full of beauty and happiness we find and make. I love moments when our eyes are opened up to the simple pleasures of love, life and laughter. I love the small moments that become such great memories. I love the ability of seeing beauty beyond words, hearing melodies so sweet, tasting things so equisite, touching textures so soft, speaking words so kind, smelling scents so clean and fresh, and loving deep and pure. Life is a gift and each day we unfold new treasures.

Monday

Day 9

Ten things I love from my Childhood

1. My Imagination, oh how the world seemed so colorful and bright and full of adventure

2. Summer Break: sleeping in, staying up late.

3. My childhood boyfriends! I can't tell you how many times Ive been "married" in my neighbors back yards, or how many little love notes I wish i'd kept. I even got those plastic 25 cent rings from one boyfriend. Oh the days!

4. Sleepovers: and all the fun those entailed...night games, movies, shopping, girly girl fun. etc.

5. Playing House with Nilly. My Grandparents basement was the greatest "apartment" for me and Nilly to be grown up women who ruled the world, (and had hot boyfriends);P

6. Living in the "world" not the "real world" (sometimes being grown-up just sucks). haha

7. Night Games: Ghost in the Graveyard, The many forms of Tag, Fugitive..."ready or not here I come!" or/ "peaches peaches pumpkin pie, if your not ready holler I". hahaha and many more. Sometimes the best night games were just door bell ditching and so on..hehehe

8. The fact that I swore I was going to be a lawyer or a doctor or a Nurse or something amazing. It never occured to me at the time all the school that would be involved or blood or trama...Everything was always so sugar coated back then. It was better that way I think.

9. Kool-Aid Stands! It's so cool how making $2+ dollars could make you feel so rich. After a long hot afternoon of selling warm sticky paper cups of Kool-Aid for 25 cents. It felt so earned. and then we would blow it on candy haha...

10. Playing on the playgrounds. The ground was always hot lava or the ocean and you couldn't touch it because you'd melt or the "gators" would get you. (I have no Idea why gators would be in the ocean, but...)My days of playing on the playground usually revolved around a Star Wars theme, im not really sure why? But me and my friend were always the damsels in distress and the boys would have to save us. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. I officialy want to be young again. I feel like i was in most of those memories. Ha ha ha. oh man, Being married to John Stockton/Carl Malone. Please tell me you remember that? Oh and we were going to be Olsen & Olsen Law. We would have made such great lawyers. Beckers, I love you!

    ReplyDelete