My life in words!

Life is so full of beauty and happiness we find and make. I love moments when our eyes are opened up to the simple pleasures of love, life and laughter. I love the small moments that become such great memories. I love the ability of seeing beauty beyond words, hearing melodies so sweet, tasting things so equisite, touching textures so soft, speaking words so kind, smelling scents so clean and fresh, and loving deep and pure. Life is a gift and each day we unfold new treasures.

Tuesday

Quitting part 1! What the heck am I going to do...

So its no secret that I am a huge fan of caffinated drinks. Infact I usually tend to hit up Dr. Copsi on a regular basis, and take the deep plunge down Mtn. Dew! At the end of my day I usually curl up with a cozy amount of my "manna from heaven" and watch some T.V or read a book. Completely normal right? Ummm NO! I hate the fact that I crave the icy cold beverages that are loaded with sugar and have absolutely no potential health benefits. Not to mention the usual break outs on my skin, the horrible headaches if I tend to slack on my slurpage, and the many many horrible health risks and effects. But even these drinks, which seem to be so wonderfully amazing yet are my horrible little enemy, are so difficult to quit. Ahh this must be that horrible thing they call an addiction. Well then I must take the proper steps. Hello my name is Becky and I have an addiction. And to be honest as I type this I just polished off a can of diet pepsi. Seems I may have my work cut out for me yet. But I am going to try my best to quit! This is what I will call part 1 of my three part quitting event. Part 2 will be about the middle probably most difficult part of this entire process. But if I can write about it real and raw in the moment, maybe I can look back on it as a reminder or a lesson that I dont ever want to go through it again. This is not by any means the first time I have quit or even attempted to quit. But this is the first time I will actually be open to myself and others about its reality. Wish me luck! I am for sure going to need plenty of it. ;)

2 comments:

  1. If I can put pregnant woman pee in me and have a 500 calorie a day diet, you can quit caffine... I am here for you and I will support you. Just take it one day at a time. If you need to slowly do it or cut cold turkey, find the way that will be best for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, we are behind you 100 % on quiting this addiction. ;)... there are far more funner addictions (like our crafting and fabric addictions) that we don't have to go to AA or PA (Pop addicts anonymous) :)

    ReplyDelete