Well well well. January is zooming right on by...
January so far has been full of fun nights and days...karaoke night at Wingnuts with Nadia, Ross and Edgar! Good times at Applebees with Amanda S. and Collin, with a waiter who was having "one of those days"... that poor guy, but he made for a fun adventure. Quitting one of my jobs..( Seriously if I was a nanny one more day I would not ever have my own children). Trying to get more organized, yadi yaya.. but my most favorite part of this month and this year actually so far has to be the Grand Opening of the new St. George airport where Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave the most amazing dedicatory prayer. It was so amazing to get to be a part of this event which luckily we were early enough to get in. When the whole thing was done and over with (the main event anywho, the prayer and ribbon cutting and speaches) the line to get to the airport was still out to the new freeway..WOW.

I feel so lucky to have been that close to Pres, Uchtdorf in the flesh. He personally is my all time favorite apostle and so this was extra special for me. Mom and I checked Westin out of school early and went over and had so much fun. The energy there was so fun and most of the people were elderly which had to mean alot to them because they have been here for so long in the community.

One of my most important resolutions for this year is to be more involved and so I am forcing myself to not find excuses or be to busy to attend these little things and like the airport, BIG things. In fact I am going to go clean books at the library this weekend to help out. I can't wait. I hope to be more and more involved this year and I hope others do the same and try to help out the community and their friends whenever they can. I secretly hope to get HUG all up and running and put together as well. Big year ahead and I can't freakin wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment