
Ok so I am super excited and want to share that excitement with the world. I have decided to do a project in which I am gathering supplies to make little hygiene kits which I am eventually going to donate to the Ronald McDonald House and I just can't wait. This may to some seem so trivial but I guarantee to you that this has sure been what it is, a "project". I opened the phone book and began to call local dental offices and hotels telling them what I am doing and asking them to donate 2-3 items such as toothbrushes, paste, floss, shampoo, soaps and lotions. I can't believe how much people have helped and as for now I have only been turned down 3 times. Yay! People have been so great some have donated hundreds of items which has been so awesome. I began putting these kits together tonight and just doing this has made me so excited and happy. To give back is such a great thing. Now I say give back and to say that would mean that I would have had to recieve something in the beginning right? Yes! And I have.
Almost 4 months ago my youngest brother Westin had to have his entire colon removed, he is 16. This was such a tramatic and stressful event but one of the greatest blessings of his and our lives. His colon was no good and had so much damage that surgery was basically his only option. He has suffered from ulcerative colitis since he was 12 and has been in pain the entire time. He finally had the darn thing removed and has done amazing! He was in the hospital for only 10 days which all his doctors were saying was the minimum he would stay. He has healed and is continuing to heal wonderfully.
During his stay in the hospital my parents alternated nights in his room (only one parent was allowed) and the other parent and I would stay the night in the Ronald McDonald House since it was our most affordable and closest choice to the hospital at the time. During this stay my heart was so touched by all the wonderful volunteers who worked at the House and for all those who made donations in order to help it run and help families who need it. If you dont know what the RMH is, please look it up. It is amazing and has helped families for years. They are run basically off of donations. Food, hygiene supplies, and bedding all of which is donated. I wanted to be a part of this so I am putting together these little hygiene kits for families who had no time to pack because someone had to be life flighted or they had to leave for the hospital in the middle of the night as many families do etc. Its my way of thanking and helping. And it feels so great! Check it out.
http://rmhc.org/?gclid=CNPQlry0nKMCFQFvbAodBSbVmg
No comments:
Post a Comment