Its called project HUG and it stands for HOPE, UNITE and GIVE and I just started it so its still just a baby! But it has been an idea in my head for quite some time now and it just kinda started forming and now its somewhat here. (If any of that even made any sense). I want to share my "message" on this project and want to encourage anyone who stops by and reads this to spread the word. Spread a hug to everyone and anyone around you. Everyone can use a hug and it never hurts to give back in any way we can. Volunteer in your community or abroad. Help a needy family or friend. Whatever you do, just be involved and love what you do. There is nothing more fulfilling in this life than donating your time and/or love to those around us who are lacking something in their lives. If everyone was to give 1 hug a day to a complete stranger I honestly believe our world would be more peaceful. I mean come on, so much happiness. :) Hug Someone!

and now the beginning of it all:
Project: HUG
Hope, Unite, and Give
r.olsen
About 4 months ago my youngest Brother Westin had to have his entire colon removed, and was in Primary Children’s Hospital for 10 days. While my brother was in the hospital, I and my parents (rotating) stayed our nights in the Ronald McDonald House. At the time it was our most affordable choice since we came from 4 hours away.
While in the Ronald McDonald House I couldn’t help but feel like I was in the home of a great big family where everyone was united. It was such a wonderful feeling to know that you are not alone and you have people to relate to who are all going through something. I was also so touched by how much the RMH helped families, and how communities and people from all over help in keeping it running.
I’ve always saved my pop tops to donate but decided I wanted to do more. That’s when I decided to gather hygiene supplies to donate, because many people have to travel from far and sometimes they don’t have time to pack, leaving them without basic items such as toothpaste, floss, shampoo, soap etc. It’s a trivial thing but I know that it can mean so much to those who need it.
I am so thankful for the blessings I have in my life, and I am so glad to say that my 16 year old brother has healed and continues to heal amazingly every day.
Today I want to send a HUG. I hope you can feel it. And I hope that the love and support will encourage everyone to help in any way they can. If we all do a little it can do so much. Get involved, help others and if nothing else, share a hug. I don’t know anyone in this world who can have too many hugs and sometimes a hug can go further than anything else.
Together we can hope for the better, Unite with others, and give back.
*Share any comments and/or ideas: hopeuniteandgive@gmail.com*
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone”.
“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other”.
“Not to live for the day, that would be materialistic -- but to treasure the day. I realize that most of us live on the skin -- on the surface -- without appreciating just how wonderful it is simply to be alive at all”.
-- Audrey Hepburn
No comments:
Post a Comment