So I got to talk to Casey on Mothers Day and it was so great! I really enjoyed our talk with eachother and it only proved more and more how excited I am to get to sit and talk with him in person again. Less than 5 months left! Yay! In our conversation we discussed how we were doing in reading the book of mormom (Casey and I are both reading it from cover to cover before he returns home) we began to discuss Nephi and I was telling him how much I really enjoy the Tree of Life parable, and Casey shared this story from his mission with me:
Casey's real life episode of the Tree of Life Parable
Casey was walking home one night with his companion in Vacaville, Ca, it was dark and a little later in the evening. They came to a section of the sidewalk that runs parallel to the river on one side and a hill on the other. Being narrow or dangerous it had a metal handrail along the side for walkers to hold onto. Casey grabbed a hold then turned to his companion and said, "hey look! its the iron rod", then they continued on the path when Casey realized it was becoming super foggy along the way and then he heard laughter, he turned and looked up to where the laughter was coming from and found that up on the hill across the river was a bar with a balcony outside. Scattered upon that balcony were many drunken people laughing really loud when one said while pointing down "look! its the mormons" pointing at Casey and his companion. Casey and his companion continued on and walked home.
When Casey told this to me I couldn't believe it, he actually experienced his own parable related to the scriptures, but not only was it people laughing or the iron rod, or the fog it was all of it. The entire story. I thought it was amazing and was so glad he told it to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment