Seriously this past weekend was a horrible weekend as far as movies! I had two netflix movies that came in the mail (the day those come, it's like a mini christmas, I get all giddy and excited) well I hate to say that all this giddiness and excitement was a big ol' waste! Before I even watched my 2 netflix, I rented 2 from redbox. (I know pretty pathetic). So I watched my netflix ones and they were so freakin stupid. So "luckily" I had my two redbox movies to rely on. Yeah right! These were just as freakin stupid. Grrrrr. So here are the movies and the ratings I decided to give them.
Movie 1: The Romantics - Made it through all of this one and kept waiting for it to get good. It was a movie loaded with well known actors and actresses, so I automatically thought, this has gotta be good. Well I spent most the movie with my mouth hanging open, thinking, "WHAT?" and "Oh my gosh he's so stupid", "there all so messed up" and yadi yadi. So I give this movie a C-. Not so so horrible, but not at all very good.
Movie 2: The Kids are Alright - First of all I mistook this DVD for another I had been wanting to see about a dad who tries to get all his kids together for a holiday or something and they all have there own thing going on and such, but it looked really good. Well I thought the movie I rented was this until I got it and read its description. Not the same movie! But thought, "hey! I will check it out". I pop it in when in the very first scene it shows two teenager kids doing lines, then beating eachother up. Mom asks "whats this rated" I reply, "PG-13". The movie continues and it shows a lesbian love scene when I dropped my mouth and skipped the scene ahead thinking what the junk, they sure allow more crap into these PG-13 movies than they used to. We decide if it shows one more bad scene, were done. So it continues along and BAM! another bad scene. I was up out of my seat so fast and flung that DVD out spurting in an outrage "its PG-13, how the crap do they have this stuff in it?" I begin to put the dvd in its case to seal and hop it in the mail, when I notice right there on the front, there it is, that dag nabbin R. I give this movie an F. Now im sure it may have some important plot and maybe even turns good, but I was in no way going to give it a shot to try and earn a better grade.
Movie 3: Skyline - OMG what else do I say. I think I repeated that phrase in my head over 500 times, that, and WTF! This movie was so freaking wierd. And in the end... jeez, I can't even bring myself to talk about it more, it was so wierd. It was intense in parts, but the fact that it had no real known actors in it should have been my first clue. When the one minor actor who I recognized from a movie 10+ years ago died in the beginning, should have been my second clue. But it took me clear to the end with a dumbfound look on my face and in my mind to realize that movie was just lame. I rate it a C. It was intense and kept me guessing, but oh my heck it was so freaking wierd.
Movie 4: Country Strong - After the complete dissapointment from movie number 3 (might I just add not all 4 were viewed in one night, im not that lame) I decided I needed a feel good movie to clear my mind. I figure what better way than to watch a movie with country music, Tim McGraw and Gwyeneth Paltrow. Yeah well I was wrong. I have never watched a more depressing movie, okay maybe Gettysburg was more depressing or Pearl Harbor, but come on the character never pulls it together, she keeps falling and failing until the end she makes a good come back then kills herself. What kind of movie is this. How am I supposed to watch her struggle so hard then make a comeback just to end it. I was thouroughly kinda depressed about it. The movie wasn't all that bad, but really I was super shocked with the killer ending haha. I dunno, just wan't my cup of tea. I rate this movie a Solid C+
Well that sums up my movie ratings. And my super long ranting Blog Post on that. But I just had to vent this, and what better way than to my random blog. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment