My life in words!

Life is so full of beauty and happiness we find and make. I love moments when our eyes are opened up to the simple pleasures of love, life and laughter. I love the small moments that become such great memories. I love the ability of seeing beauty beyond words, hearing melodies so sweet, tasting things so equisite, touching textures so soft, speaking words so kind, smelling scents so clean and fresh, and loving deep and pure. Life is a gift and each day we unfold new treasures.

Thursday

new technology and the rapidly aging mind

So I feel like I am 90 almost everyday. Whether it be that my joints feel like it or my mind. Seriously I used to think I would never fall behind when it came to technology and that I would always be on the "in". I find that anymore I do not even know how to work my own phone. When did our phones become such high-tech pieces of a large sum of money? I dropped easily close to 200 for my phone (which was a steal) and often wonder WHY? Im not a hermit or anything (yet) but really, do I need facebook on my phone? Do I need to know what is on every persons mind every single minute of teh day? Do I need to be able to check the news 24-7 (well that and the weather have truthfully been quite handy). I mean come on people. We carry our entire lives in these little bricks, and yes, the phone which has transformed from the "brick" to a smaller slim design is now trending back into "brick" status. The bigger the better, and in my case thats the truth. I can't hardly read my phone. The larger ones I find easier to hold. Just saying. Its come to the point which is in all reality really sad, that if we were to lose our phone, we lose our mind. We cannot recall any ones phone numbers, even our parents, because typically they are just speed dial 2 (#1 always seems to have to be voicemail). We cannot recall what our schedules are or where we are even supposed to be at the moment without our phones. Technology has become too much of a dependency for us in this world. We pay so much for things to keep up with the "Joneses" but the "Joneses" don't even know why they paid so much. Because thats what seems to be the thing to do I guess. I know that this is all hypocritical in a sense because I am typing this on my new Macbook that I paid 1400 for. Hmmmm Im a drinker of the freakin kool-aid. (Grape is the best)! I have decided though, my computer was a wise investment because writing is what I do. Its what I am hoping to do for a while. So that justifies that splurge. I on the other hand will NOT be buying the much "needed everyone seems to think" I-phone. My nexus will serve me just fine. I have deleted my facebook because I think that the social media is in a sense destroying our personal relationship skills and communication. Writing on someones wall doesn't qualify you as a good buddy in someones life. I found I was deleting more and more people who I considered either fake or not really in my life. And the list became so small that the only people left were my close friends and family that I speak to in "real life" on pretty much a daily basis. So I nixed the facebook account and have never felt more free. Its so true on Wall-E when the ship turns and everyone falls out of their little jazzies and see's whats really in front of their face for the first time in a long time. Hmmm how refreshing it is. I hope I dont end up in a jazzie for a long time. Unless its a been a really long day and wal-mart just seems too tremendous a place to walk through. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment