Oh my goodness it's 2012! This is going to be a great year I've decided. It already has been so far. I have such amazing friends and wonderful family. I am so blessed and I am trying more and more to never take all these blessing forgranted.
At the end of 2011 I found out I have Celiac Disease (Gluten Intolerance) and that is one of the main reasons I have been sick for many years with multiple problems. I have dealt with internal bleeding, daily headaches, stomach pain on almost a daily basis and after every time I ate. I was feeling pretty discouraged so I went to the doctor. I had 11 viles of blood taken to run many tests and see if we could figure anything out. I will never forget the thought that passed through my head when the doctor told me what I had. I had an image of a warm homemade dinner roll steaming in front of me, and the thought of never being able to enjoy these delicious little heaven sents almost brought a tear to my eye. I LOVE bread. In fact I can be quoted on many occasions stating that if I had to eat bread and bread alone, id be just fine. Well now I can't have any of it at all. I immediately began to think, "I am going to die".
I bought the books and decided I should start mentally preparing for my ultimate cut out of my favorite things. I decided I would continue to enjoy and suffer through the end of the year and start this new year a fresh and follow my doctors orders. I found myself savoring the flavor of my poppy seed muffin a little more than usual. I looked in the bakery section of the grocery stores like an empty hole in my soul. When New Years came, it was like something just clicked into gear and I didn't want bread (mental preparation is the bomb). I find taking my 8 plus supplements a day and my weekly shot of B-12 in my lower back is easier than I ever thought it would be. Although the first time I took my vitamins and powders I was so full I couldn't eat my lunch. I have had to adjust to drinking my shake in the morning (I usually skipped breakfast due to the fact that it always made me sick) and now I can keep them down.
I already feel so much better mentally and physically. I feel braced for change and have an attitude of "bring it on and love it". Not only do I have such wonderful support from my family, but my Mom just found out she has it as well (its genetic) so we have teamed up as partners through this. Westin has jumped on board as well (he has no colon and that is usually where Celiac is attacking first) so I think its safe to say Wes will benefit from this change as well.
This year is going to be a great one. I have so much planned and so much I wanna do. I am going to walk forward and be thankful for where I am right now. I am happy. I have great friends and an amazing family. I am lucky.
I am here to help also. I will try and find recipes for your family and be a supporter also. Love you guys and I know you can do it....
ReplyDeleteMegan your a sweetheart. Thanks for being you! Love ya
ReplyDelete